Monday, December 19, 2011

Happy Holidays

20111212_0050

Well, just like every year, it seems like I’m having issues getting into the spirit of the holidays. This happens every year so I’m not too concerned, it will kick in soon enough. I will however stop posting (with the exception of some pictures here and there), until the new year.

Just got done with the renewal of my green card, and I was allowed to stay here for another 10 years. I started to think of the implications and analyzing the last 10 years, and I gotta admit, I didn’t accomplish much, I coasted thru the first round, and although I lost the round (and some other things along the way), the damage wasn’t crippling, I will be able to come out on the second round (the next ten years, come on, keep up with the boxing/MMA metaphor), and make up for the round I threw.

I wanted to say “Thank You” to the Wertz, they have become part of my family here in Virginia, and their suggestion was what brought us here. Kell, for getting me out of Florida and for being a monument to patience (you’re and will always be the best). To my two baby sisters for being there and always making me smile. To friends and family who encouraged me and helped me to pursue my dreams, and for the encouraging words offered along the way (you know who you are), and last but certainly not least, to friends and family who discouraged me along the way, your words are and will always be the ultimate motivation tool to always prove you wrong.

Along the way I have lost friendships, and relationships, but may the light of those burned bridges light my way ahead… It’s gonna be a great year.

See ya in 2012,

Andres Trujillo

No comments:

Post a Comment