Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Rally To Restore Sanity and/or Fear 10/30/2010

So, I've had almost a week to really process the event and I can honestly say "HOLY CRAP, THAT WAS CRAZY". Never before I've seen so many people together.

We arrived to the Rally a little bit after 10:00 Am (I wanted to go early, but wifey thought we'll be fine leaving a little late... first mistake of many to come), we started walking towards the mall and this is what we found



Eventually we realized that we were not meant to be close enough to see the event, so we walked to the stairs of the National Gallery of Art and saw this guy



So I immediately knew that this was my kind of people, so I pretty much parked next to the guy and stayed there for like an hour.... Until the Mrs. decided that maybe we should try to find a better place to see the event, well, we moved away from our step and it filled up in 5 seconds, so there was no going back. We walked to 12th Street, now too far away to see or hear, and eventually decided to go to eastern market for lunch (Fried Oyster Sandwich FTW!!!).

All in all, it was nice to see so many like minded people representing almost all walks of life getting together for a common ideal, yes, there was a lot of comedy (mainly the signs, and being one day away from Halloween, the disguises), and a lot of dumbasses   (kids jumping fences to get to close areas, etc), but the majority of the people were really nice and polite, even when they disagreed with each other.

All in all, I am glad/happy that I was but a small part of this event, I am proud to have been part of this rally, and it was a great experience, here are some of my favorite shots from the day








A big thanks to everybody involved whit this for giving me something to hope for (that we will finalize realize that polarization is not the answer, things are not black and white and most of us lean to different sides on different issues), to the attendees (for leaving the mall area cleaner than when we arrived, for behaving for the most part at least), and to you guys for reading my post, now I'm getting off my soap box, you can find the rest of my pictures of the event HERE











No comments:

Post a Comment